This is a remote, work from home or wherever you want, full or part time position. You would primarily be responsible to maintain the functionality, security, and stability of our AWS Ubuntu servers and related services. This may involve performing upgrades, program installations, and setting up server users. At times you will also need to recommend and make changes to our network/server infrastructure/architecture. You will need to provide technical solutions to desired business changes, explaining the security, stability, and performance implications of these changes. We will also work with you and rely on your expertise to design the security of apps and software that interact with our servers. We only have a few servers at the moment, so we are not yet reliant on a DevOps deployment or tracking system. However, it is something we are ready to start using in order to make consistent changes across all servers. This is an exciting place to work if you want to work for a growing company, keep our systems stable and secure, and help us take on interesting new projects. While the current team is very small, we are growing it in order to expand our capabilities. This could purely be a System Administrator only role, or if you prefer and have the skills, you could have a dual role combining this with our programming or software engineering roles.
- Linux Server Administration
- AWS Administration
- MySQL Administration
- AWS SysOps Certification
- DevOps tools familiarity: Ansible, Jenkins, AWS custom tools, etc.
- PHP (programming and/or administration)
- Android programming
Team Values Influencing Our Culture
- We value flexibility (work schedules, problem solving, working style) over traditional or linear thinking. For example, you won’t be required to stick to a 9-5 schedule. We do very well at letting employees define their own meaning of work-life balance and boundaries, as long as they are still effective in their role. Unlike some teams, we don’t look down on people who don’t prioritize work and being passionate about it over all else. Sometimes a person’s life situation or personal values prevent them from doing this, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they don’t get tech or are not into it.
- We value effective professionalism over a carefree environment. In exchange for the flexibility mentioned before, we expect employees to work in a respectfully professional way. For example, if a team meeting is scheduled for a certain time, you should at least let us know if you won’t be able to make it.
- We value putting in the effort to learn and effectively use remote tools for collaboration over following the path of least resistance.
You must be a U.S. citizen to be eligible for employment. Contract work can be considered for others, but the benefits listed below do not apply.
You must be able to work remotely, finding ways to use self-motivation, creativity, and organization to remain effective in your role. That does not describe everyone. Some people are only able to be effective when working in an office together. If that describes you, it is better not to apply.
You must have reliable internet access that is not slow. If you have internet, but your connection is not very reliable or is often slow, this job is not a good fit for you.
Paid vacation (full time employees only)
Some paid holidays
Medical contribition (medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available) (full time employees only)
30+ hours per week is considered full time
401K and Flexible Spending Plan for all eligible employees
How To Apply
Use the form below to send your application. If you can follow the instructions, we will receive it.